Monday, October 28, 2013

Last week for Mona Lisa

Man, the time sure flies. It seems like just yesterday that Catherine and I were setting up our work for the two month display at Mona Lisa Restaurant, and now there is less than a full week left. We will be taking things down on Saturday morning, November 2nd.

The newly renovated dining room at Mona Lisa makes for a wonderful setting to showcase art. Not only is the new space very modern and elegant, but it appears that they have purposefully designed things (especially the lighting)  in order to allow the showcasing of art.

Joe Grande, the owner of Mona Lisa Restaurant has always been a huge supporter of the local art scene, and over the years, has given many local artists the opportunity for exposure and sales. This year, his beautiful daughter Giuliana took over responsibility for coordinating the art displays. I would like to take this opportunity to thank them for allowing me this opportunity, and for inviting us back for next year.

Giuliana is an artist as well. She recently completed a really cool mural on the wall of the restaurant, and some of her large abstract pieces have a permanent home in the restaurant. I personally feel that our work was a really good complement to hers.

This year marks the fourth year that my work has been displayed at Mona Lisa, and the second year that I have been lucky enough to share the space with my good friend and fellow artist Catherine Emile. Although our styles are quite different, they seem to work very well together, and I am very proud to be able to have my work displayed alongside hers.

Both Catherine and I are looking forward to our next display at Mona Lisa, which is currently scheduled for December 2014 and January 2015.







No comments: