Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year 2011

Well, here we are at the start of another new year. I'm hoping that I can end up painting more this year than last year - between a hectic work schedule and a lack of inspiration, I didn't break out the paints anywhere near as often as I would have liked to in 2010.

A year ago, as 2009 came to a close, I decided to start a painting in 2009 and finish it in 2010. This year, as 2010 drew to a close, I decided to keep up the "tradition" and do the same thing. I created two paintings, one of which I finished completely in 2010, and called that one MMX. I then created a second painting, using the same color palette. I started it at about 15 minutes before midnight, and finished it in the wee hours of the first day of 2011. I called that one MMXI.

MMX - Last Painting of 2010

MMXI - First Painting of 2011 (started in 2010)

No comments: