Saturday, June 11, 2011

Amazing Product - Philips Fidelio

I normally don't like endorsing products but I just came across a product that I think is absolutely amazing and worth mentioning. I've had an iPod for several years, and when I bought it I had also bought a Bose Sound Dock so that I could listen to it without headphones. Three years ago, I picked up an iPhone, and although it works with the Sound Dock, the charging mechanism is not compatible, so the iPhone doesn't charge when in the Sound Dock. As a result, I have never really used my iPhone much for music I happened to be at Costco today, and noticed a Philips Fidelio docking speaker for $120 CDN. I had my iPhone with me so I plugged it in to see what it sounded like and was very impressed. Knowing that Costco is great with returns, I decided to give it a try. All I can say is WOW. For $120 the sound is absolutely amazing, and in my opinion even better than the Bose SoundDock which is more than double the price (the new Bose Sound Dock is $250 at Costco, I had paid $400 for mine at Future Shop 6 or 7 years ago). Since buying my iPhone I have tried some other speakers but I've never felt that any were on par with the sound of the Bose until I tried these. They are certainly not on par with high end audio equipment (neither is the Bose Sound Dock), but for $120 they are absolutely outstanding. Not only is the sound amazing, but the remote is super responsive. They are definitely worth looking into for anyone looking for an inexpensive way to really enjoy listening to an iPod/iPhone without headphones. They are most certainly one of the best deals that I've come across in months.

No comments: