Saturday, June 18, 2011

When I Look To The West

When I first started painting in 2008, I painted almost every day, and definitely at least a couple of times per week. Over time, the frequency of my painting has dropped considerably, and I find that I’m only painting once or twice per month. I always have a great time when I paint, but for whatever reason, I seem to be lacking the same inspiration I had when I first started painting.
Music has always been the greatest inspiration for me, and my most recent painting session was definitely inspired by music. I recently purchased a Philips Fidelio speaker system for my iPhone, and as a reult I have been listening to the music on my iPhone quite a bit more than I had previously been. One of the albums that I had purchased on iTunes for my iPhone was the Vitamin String Quartet Tribute to Led Zeppelin. Among the many amazing tunes on that album was a version of Led Zeppelins Stairway To Heaven, which is absolutely remarkable. I had been listening to that particular tune (on repeat, and at very high volume) when I painted “When I Look To The West”.


No comments: