Thursday, September 22, 2011

Manitoba Art Expo


I am proud to announce that I will be exhibiting at the Manitoba Art Expo, being held from Thursday November 3rd through Sunday November 6th, 2011 at Assiniboia Downs in Winnipeg.


If it hadn't been for the Manitoba Art Expo, I don't know if I ever would have started painting. My wife and I had purchased our first original work of art at that show in 2006. We were so thrilled with that piece, that we started building a small collection of original works to grace the walls of our home. My entry into the painting world came as the result of encouragement from one of the artists whose work I had purchased for that collection. Without that encouragement, I doubt that I would have ever started painting.


The Manitoba Art Expo includes something called "Framers Corner", in which artists donate art works, and gallery/frame shops donate the framing, and the framed pieces are then auctioned off for charity. I love being able to use my art to support worthwhile charities, so I very much wanted to participate in this years auction (with proceeds going to the "Pennies from Heaven" campaign which supports local food banks). Unfortunately, the size of my normal paper pieces (22"x30") was too large, as they apparently have difficulty in finding framers willing to donate frames of that size. As a result, I specifically created two "half size" pieces so that I could have one included in the Framers Corner auction. I created two pieces on the same day, painted while listening to the new Red Hot Chilli Peppers album, "I'm With You". The two pieces are called "Articulations" and "Stipulations", as shown below. Each piece is on 15" x 22" paper.


Articulations

Stipulations







No comments: