Saturday, October 1, 2011

Sketchy


Had a very enjoyable "sketching" evening on Friday with Catherine Emile and Fran Honoway. It's been almost 10 months since we last all got together, and I'm hoping that it won't be that long before we get together again. When we've gotten together in the past, we always ended up painting, but this time we decided to sketch instead. Besides the traditional sketching with pencils, we also did some e-sketching using an iPad. 


Catherine stumbled across an old sketch that I had done in 1995 when I first found the great book "Drawing On The Right Side of the Brain". That book includes exercises in which you draw without looking at the paper (I'm not sure, but I believe that this is referred to as blind contour drawing). This sketch is one that I had done in 1995 using that technique - it has a somewhat Gahan Wilson look to it that I quite like. It's pretty obvious why I choose to do abstracts, isn't it :-) ?



1 comment:

Catwoman said...

I love this sketch!