Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy 2012


It's hard to believe that it's already 2012. I'm certainly hoping that I'll feel more inspired to paint this year than last, since I really didn't paint very much in 2011.

For the last three years, I've started a painting on the last day of one year, and finished it the first day of the next year. This year, my "New Years" painting was a 30"x22" paper piece titled "Go With The Flow", started on December 31st, 2011, and finished on January 1st, 2012. The musical inspiration was provided by the Red Hot Chili Peppers

Go With The Flow
I painted some others on December 31st as well, while listening to Xavier Rudd  and Jack Johnson. I started with 2 smaller pieces, intended to be displayed together. I have named them "From A" and "To Z". Each piece is on 15"x22" CP paper.
From A

To Z

I also painted "Comfort Zone" that same evening. It's on 30"x22" CP paper as well.
Comfort Zone
Earlier in  December, I painted this piece (titled "Obliterate") on a 24"x36" canvas. This one was painted while listening to the new RHCP album, "I'm With You".

Obliterate
I also painted a couple of pieces in November. I suspect that the snow and the cold snap we had experienced in November prompted me to use the blues and whites that I did in my painting called "Winter", on 30"x22" CP paper.
Winter

The other piece from November was titled "Dusted With Decay", and it too is on 30"x22" CP paper. This piece was inspired by the lyrics to the song "Police Station", which is one of my favourite songs on the new  RHCP album "I'm With You".
Dusted With Decay




No comments: