Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year 2015

Ever since 2009 became 2010, I've had a tradition of creating a painting that spans the years. This year, I started a painting at 11:30PM on December 31st, and completed it shortly after midnight on January 1st, 2015.
This is the first year that I have created a canvas piece for this - in the past, I've always used 22"x30" CP paper, but since most of my new work these days is on canvas, I thought it would be much more appropriate.
This piece, which I've title "Transition" is acrylic on 24" x 30" canvas.
Transition
Acrylic on 24" x 30" canvas
That same tradition also has me create my first new piece for the new year. My first piece painted entirely in 2015 is "New Beginnings", acrylic on 16" x 20" canvas.
New Beginnings
Acrylic on 16" x 20" canvas
Both of these were painted while listening to The Endless River from Pink Floyd.

No comments: