Thursday, June 17, 2010

Lupus

Prior to last week, I had heard of the disease called Lupus, but really knew nothing about it. On Thursday (June 10th), I got a call from my good friend Ludolf Grolle, asking me if I'd be able to help out the Lupus Society of Manitoba by donating a painting for their upcoming charity golf tournament auction.  Apparently they had previously arranged for auction items, however basement flooding caused by the recent rains here in Winnipeg caused several of the auction prizes to be damaged, resulting in an emergency requirement to replace the damaged items. Two of the organizers of the Lupus Society of Manitoba Charity Golf Tournament dropped by my home that day to select a painting for the event. I'm pleased to report that the painting was sold at the auction (June 15th) , helping out a very worthwhile charity.

I would encourage you to learn about Lupus by checking out the web site of the Lupus Society of Manitoba, at www.lupusmanitoba.com. While visiting their site, please consider making a donation. (There is a button labelled "Donate Online Now" on the web site that makes donating easy).

The painting that was auctioned off was Sahara, shown below.

No comments: