Sunday, April 17, 2011

Mona Lisa

A small collection of my canvas pieces have been on display in the main dining room at Mona Lisa Ristorante Italiano ( 1697 Corydon Avenue here in Winnipeg) since April 7th, and will remain there until around May 6th.  Joe Grande, the owner of Mona Lisa, is a big supporter of the local arts, and provides the opportunity for local artists to have their work displayed to the public. Each month, they have two artists work on display - one in the main dining room and one in the "fireplace" dining room. My work had been displayed in the fireplace dining room in January 2010, and I was invited to return this year, this time in the main dining room.


Mona Lisa has what I consider to be among the absolute best pizza in Winnipeg (their Mona Lisa special is out of this world good), so I would strongly suggest that you make it down there sometime, even if it's after my art is gone. There will always be great art and great food, so you can't go wrong. I would strongly suggest reservations, as the place is usually packed, and it's almost impossible to get a table if you just show up.




No comments: